Dairy-Free Honeybun Ice Cream
- Serves 8
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 8 minutes (plus chilling)
- Two 13.5 ounce cans unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup or brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup crushed corn cereal
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the milk until steaming. Add the honey, corn syrup and vanilla; whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, temper the eggs by streaming in a small amount of the milk mixture, whisking constantly. Whisk the egg mixture into the milk. Turn the heat up to medium-high and whisk constantly until the mixture starts to thicken, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a heatproof bowl; chill completely, about 4 hours.
- Pour the chilled coconut milk mixture into an ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions. When the ice cream is almost done churning, slowly sprinkle in the crushed corn cereal and almonds.
1 BOWL (OF 8): CALORIES 344; FAT 20.8 g (sat 16.3 G, mono 3.0 G, poly 1.1 G); PROTEIN 6.8 g; CARBS 35.7 g; FIBER 0.5 g; CHOLEST 204.8 mg; IRON 1 mg; SODIUM 37 mg; CALCIUM 35 mg
IN THE RECIPE VAULT
Stuffed Acorn Squash with Millet, Spinach, Cranberries and Hemp Seeds
Chicken Divan with Mustard Crumb Crunch
Dulce de Leche Cheesecake
Pear, Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Pizza