Vanilla Doughnut Cookies
- Makes: 1 ½ dozen cookies
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk or water
- Sprinkles, for topping
- To make the cookies: Preheat the oven to 350º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, vanilla and egg.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper until about ¼ inch thick. Using a 2½-inch doughnut cutter, cut out cookies and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, re-rolling as necessary. Bake the cookies until the edges are barely golden. Let cool completely.
- To make the glaze: In a medium bowl, stir together the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and milk.
- Top the cooled cookies with the glaze and sprinkles.
1 COOKIE: CALORIES 140; FAT 5.0 g (sat 0.4 g, mono 0.1 g, poly 0.1 g); PROTEIN 0.4 g; CARBS 15.8 g; FIBER 1.0 g; CHOLEST 10.4 mg; IRON 0.4 mg; SODIUM 79 mg; CALCIUM 25 mg
IN THE RECIPE VAULT
Italian Sausage and Rice-Stuffed Peppers
Pepperoni Pizza Cups
Ginger-Pear Cake with Chocolate Glaze
Summer Fruit Tart
Kelly Rudnicki’s Easy Pie Crust