Tomato Pappardelle with Cherry Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Goat Cheese
- Serves 4
- Prep time: 15 minutes (plus resting)
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 recipe Basic Gluten-Free Pasta
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Brown rice flour, for dusting
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- Follow Step 1 of the Basic Gluten-Free Pasta Dough recipe. Add the tomato paste, increasing the mixer speed slightly to thoroughly incorporate. Follow Steps 2 and 3.
- While the dough is resting, in a large skillet over medium-low heat, heat the oil until hot and increase heat to medium high. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Cook, uncovered, until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil and rosemary, then season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Cook, without stirring, until tomatoes are softened. Crush about half of the tomatoes and stir.
- Follow Step 4 of the Basic Gluten-Free Pasta Dough recipe. Turn out the dough on a clean, lightly floured surface and press gently to flatten. Starting in the center of the dough and rolling outward, roll into a large, thin square. Let dry for about 10 minutes. Set a large pot of salted water over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Lighly flour the dough and roll loosely into a cylinder. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into ¾-inch strips. Unroll gently and drop into the boiling water, using a fork to separate. Cook until al dente, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Strain all but 2 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water and return the pasta to the pot. Toss with the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Divide into four servings and top with the goat cheese.
1 SERVING: CALORIES 451; FAT 22.8 g (sat 7.2 g, mono 11.9 g, poly 2.9 g); PROTEIN 15.7 g; CARBS 49.9 g; FIBER 6.4 g; CHOLEST 156.7 mg; IRON 2.2 mg; SODIUM 392 mg; CALCIUM 71 mg
IN THE RECIPE VAULT
Grilled Salmon Salad
Sticky Bun Belgian Waffles with Toasted Pecan-Brown Sugar Syrup
Spicy Chicken Enchiladas