Lemon Cheesecake Cupcakes
These cupcakes are wheat- and gluten-free, but also low in carbohydrates. That means that these, unlike their wheat-flour counterparts, are very filling. They’re healthy enough that you can have one or two for breakfast!
- Makes: 12
- Prep Time: 10 Min
- Cook Time: 30 Min
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, or coconut oil
- Sweetener equivalent to ¼ cup sugar, such as 2 tablespoons Truvia
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut flour
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced strawberries, shaved dark chocolate or fresh mint leaves, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground walnuts, cinnamon, butter and about one-quarter of the sweetener. Distribute the mixture evenly among the muffin cups, pressing with the back of a spoon to form a crust.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, combine the cream cheese, eggs, coconut flour and the remaining sweetener. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, coconut milk, and vanilla and beat until blended. Spoon the mixture evenly over the walnut crusts.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely. To serve, top each cupcake with strawberries, chocolate and mint, if desired.
1 CUPCAKE: CALORIES 209; FAT 20.3 g (sat 10.5 g, mono 4.6 g, poly 3.8 g); PROTEIN 4.7 g; CARBS 3.7 g; FIBER 1.0 g; CHOLEST 69.8 mg; IRON 1.1 mg; SODIUM 97 mg; CALCIUM 39 mg
IN THE RECIPE VAULT
Shrimp Salad on Parmesan Crisps
Sweet Cornmeal Muffin Mix