Cherbourg Bakery Cream Puffs
- Makes: About 8
- Prep Time: 10 Min
- Cook Time: 30 Min
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Cherbourg Bakery Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar, plus more for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat water with butter until melted. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. When boiling vigorously, reduce the heat to low and add the flour. Mix well and cook until a ball forms. Remove from the heat. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing completely after each addition. The batter will be smooth and thick. Drop by the teaspoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously, until thick, 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Refrigerate until cold.
- Using a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat two cups heavy cream at high speed until just beginning to thicken. Add the confectioners’ sugar and mix on medium speed just until soft peaks form. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Refrigerate until cold.
- Gently stir the whipped cream into the pudding. Spoon the filling into a pastry bag or resealable plastic bag with one corner snipped off. Using a sharp knife, cut a small circle out of the top of a cream puff. Pipe in the filling until almost overflowing, then replace the cut-out circle. Repeat with remaining cream puffs and filling. Dustthe filled cream puffs with confectioners’ sugar.
1 CREAM PUFF: CALORIES 424; FAT 30.6 g (sat 18.4 g, mono 8.3 g, poly 1.5 g); PROTEIN 6.0 g; CARBS 31.8 g; FIBER 0.3 g; CHOLEST 167.6 mg; IRON 0.4 mg; SODIUM 152 mg; CALCIUM 104 mg
IN THE RECIPE VAULT
Minestrone Chard Soup with Garlic Croutons
Thanksgiving Leftovers Casserole
DIY Marshmallow Treats