Bacon Jalapeño Popper Meatballs
- Makes 16
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs or cracker crumbs
- 1 egg
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large jalapeño chile — stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, pork, onion, crumbs, egg and crumbled bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Divide into 32 portions.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, cheddar and jalapeño. Form sixteen 1-inch balls.
- Shape 2 portions of the meat mixture loosely around 1 cheese ball. Repeat with the remaining meat and cheese mixtures.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat and working in batches of about four, fry the meatballs until golden all over. Keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
1 SERVING: CALORIES 280; FAT 22.0 g (sat 10.3 g, mono 8.3 g, poly 1.3 g); PROTEIN 16.7 g; CARBS 4.4 g; FIBER 0.3 g; CHOLEST 87.5 mg; IRON 1.4 mg; SODIUM 387 mg; CALCIUM 88 mg
IN THE RECIPE VAULT
Green Energy Juice
Brown Sugar-Broiled Ham Steaks with Pineapple Chutney
Cheesy Bread Sticks
Jeanne’s Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Mix