- serves 4
- prep time 5 min
- cook time 10 min
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup dried cranberries
In a small bowl, whisk together the rice flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a 1-quart canning jar, pour in the cornmeal, rice flour mixture and cranberries. Attach a card with the instructions.
- 1 Pour the contents of the jar into a large bowl and stir to combine.
- 2 In a medium bowl, beat 2 eggs
- and add 2 1⁄2 cups buttermilk. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- 3 Lightly grease a griddle over medium heat. Drop about 1⁄4 cup of the batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbling, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 minutes more. Repeat with
- the remaining batter.
1 Serving: CALORIES 588; FAT 7.3 g (sat 1.2 g, mono 1.9 g, poly 1.9 g); PROTEIN 16.4 g; CARBS 115.5 g; FIBER 8.3 g; CHOLEST 92.5 mg; IRON 3.3 mg; SODIUM 757 mg; CALCIUM 153 mg
IN THE RECIPE VAULT
Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
Basic Gluten-Free Pasta
One-Bite Pecan Pies
Classic Texas Caviar