Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- makes 24
- prep time 20 min
- cook time 17 min
- 1 cup Jeanne’s Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Blend
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour blend, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Using a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attach- ment, beat the granulated sugar and eggs on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and beat in the melted butter and vanilla. Increase the speed to medium and add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Beat in the chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. When the dough is ready, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl.
- Using a tablespoon, portion out the dough and roll into balls with your hands; coat with confectioners’ sugar. Gently shake off any excess sugar and place about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, one baking sheet at a time, until puffed and slightly cracked, 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool on a pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
1 Cookie: CALORIES 141; FAT 7.3 g (sat 4.3 g, mono 1.4 g, poly 0.2 g); PROTEIN 1.9 g; CARBS 19.0 g; FIBER 0.7 g; CHOLEST 25.8 mg; IRON 0.3 mg; SODIUM 76.3 mg; CALCIUM 16 mg
IN THE RECIPE VAULT
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Meltaways
Sausage and Dried Cranberry-Walnut Stuffing
Pepperoni Pizza Cups
Raw Sugar Manicure Scrub
Chicken-Vegetable Braciola with Red Pepper Sauce