Blueberry Mesquite Crackers
Recipe by Nancy Kohler of The Sensitive Pantry.
These crackers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week.
- Makes: about 40
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 to 25 min
- ¼ cup mesquite flour
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour, plus more for dusting
- ¼ cup potato starch
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more for sprinkling
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup freeze-dried blueberries, lightly crushed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons milk or non-dairy milk
- 1 egg or equivalent egg replacement
- Preheat the oven to 325°. In a large bowl, whisk together the mesquite flour, almond flour, potato starch, salt, pepper, baking soda and baking powder. Add all but 2 teaspoons berries and whisk to combine. In a glass measuring cup, stir together the oil, milk and egg. Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until fully combined. Form the dough into a ball.
- Place dough on a silicone mat dusted with almond flour. Cover the dough with parchment paper and roll it out into a rectangle about ⅟₁₆-inch thick. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough lengthwise and widthwise into 2- to 3-inch strips; do not separate. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 teaspoons crushed berries and more salt. Gently press the blueberries and salt into the dough.
- Leaving the dough on the silicone mat, transfer to a baking sheet and bake until the outer edges of the crackers are just beginning to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Turn off the oven and open the door, leaving the crackers inside. After about five minutes, close the oven and let the crackers sit for about 10 minutes more before removing from the oven. Let cool completely, then break into pieces.
1 CRACKER: CALORIES 32; FAT 2.1 g (sat 0.1 g, mono 0.2 g, poly 0.1 g); PROTEIN 0.9 g; CARBS 2.3 g; FIBER 0.5 g; CHOLEST 4.7 mg; IRON 0 mg; SODIUM 27.5 mg; CALCIUM 3 mg
IN THE RECIPE VAULT
Turkey and Dried Fruit Quinoa
Tomato Pappardelle with Cherry Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Goat Cheese
Grilled Salmon Salad
Buttery Crescent Rolls
Quinoa and Chickpea Salad with Zucchini, Golden Raisins and Pine Nuts