Pumpkin-Raisin Bread Pudding
- Makes 1 dozen pudding cups
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- 6 slices gluten-free raisin bread, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 ½ cups)
- 1 cup heavy cream or nondairy creamer
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs or equivalent egg replacement
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pecan pieces, toasted (optional)
- Confectioners’ sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Place the bread pieces in a large bowl. Whisk in the cream, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar and salt. Stir until combined. Pour mixture over the bread cubes. Let sit until the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Divide the bread pieces evenly among the muffin cups, then pour the custard mixture into each cup until about two-thirds full. Bake until the liquid has set, about 25 minutes.
- Using a sieve, sprinkle each cup with confectioners’ sugar. Gently run a knife along the edge of each cup to remove.
1 CUP: CALORIES 250; FAT 12.4 g (sat 5.2 g, mono 4.5 g, poly 1.5 g); PROTEIN 2.8 g; CARBS 39.1 g; FIBER 2.9 g; CHOLEST 58.0 mg; IRON 0.8 mg; SODIUM 137 mg; CALCIUM 45 mg
IN THE RECIPE VAULT
Spaghetti with Clam Sauce
Fried Chicken Potpie Poppers
Simple Roast Turkey with Tarragon
Pear, Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Pizza
Creamless Broccoli-Leek Cream Soup